Healthy hair starts at the scalp. Think of your hair as a garden, with flowers that have roots in the soil. Your scalp is the soil for your hair! Without healthy soil that is full of nutrients and oxygen, while free of pollutants and harmful bacteria, a garden will never look its best. In the same way, the health of your hair is a reflection of the health of your scalp
Signs of an Unhealthy Scalp
- Dandruff is usually the result of a mild scalp infection. Hair products, oil, dirt, and dead skin build up on the scalp over time. Buildup can trap bacteria and yeast and allow them to grow on the scalp. These yeasts lead to excessive skin cell growth on the scalp. The overgrowth of skin cells build up and shed in the form of dandruff.
- Product and oil buildup is usually caused by infrequent shampooing/cleansing, or poor hygiene. Hormonal changes, stress, diet changes, or illness can also cause imbalances in these bacteria. On the other hand, some people are simply more prone to the yeasts that cause dandruff (this is probably the case if dandruff runs in your family.) This just means you need to take extra steps to keep your scalp clean.
- Flakes can also be the result of a dry scalp
- Dry or itchy scalp can also be caused by a specific product, chemical, or ingredient that irritates your skin.
- Keep your scalp moisturized by deep conditioning regularly. Our Mama Imara Super Growth Hair Oil provide a deep moisturizing treatment for your hair and scalp.